Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Now Brandon is Sick

I brought Brandon to the pediatrician with me on Friday when I brought Wesley since he had been coughing all week. His cough hadn't been too bad...it mostly sounded like post nasal drip but I had been having him use his inhaler all week with his aerochamber (this has been the first time he doesn't fight it) so I decided since Wesley had to go to the doctor and Brandon would be with me I would get him checked out too. Dr. Noaz said he just had post nasal drip and to continue with his xopenex inhaler and also give him claritin to help dry him out and a nasal spray. On Sunday his cough became more frequent and it kept him up throughout the night Sunday into Monday. When he woke up on Monday it also sounded a lot worse to me. So I called the pediatrician's office and made an appointment to bring him in yesterday. Dr. Noaz listened to his chest and said he is wheezing now so I have to continue using his xopenex inhaler every 4-6 hours and also use his flovent inhaler twice a day. He also gave him an antibiotic because he is on the verge of having bronchitis or pneumonia he thinks. Other than the awful cough Brandon isn't acting sick. He has his energy and doesn't have a fever or any other symptoms. I have to bring him back to the doctor on Friday for a recheck.

No comments: