Thursday, April 26, 2012

Toilet Trained

Brandon is finally toilet trained and has been for almost 2 weeks. I started trying at the end of December but he refused to let me put him in underwear. He only wanted to wear diapers. So I would take the diaper off for him to try to use the potty and then put one back on. He was going on the potty sometimes and at other times was going in his diaper. By the end of trying for three days he was probably about 50-75 percent trained depending on the day. I finally told him that when the diapers were gone I wasn't buying anymore and he would have to start wearing pull ups instead. He was fine with that and we switched to pull ups sometime in February. He was still only 50-75 percent trained depending on the day because I guess he figured pull ups were similar to diapers. I finally told him when the pull ups were done he was going to start wearing underwear like a big boy. I had been waiting for when Brandon and I would be off together to try training him but we didn't have any breaks that coincided. Finally I put him in underwear on the Monday of his Spring Break. He had two accidents that day and hasn't had a pee one since. Poop is a different story. He has always had constipation issues. He now takes 1 tsp of miralax every day to help with it but still goes days without pooping. Most days he asks for a pull up to poop in but has pooped on the potty sometimes. I know he will get there with pooping on the potty and won't always be going in a pull up.

No comments: