Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of School

Brandon and Wesley had their first day of school at Ivy Hedge on Wednesday. Both boys seem to really like it so far.

Wesley cried a lot on the first day but had a much better day on Thursday and Friday. I thought it would be a tough adjustment for him since he was home with me all summer and had never been to school before. He is in the toddler class. The hardest thing for him is they only take one nap so they have been trying to transition him to one nap. The first day he couldn't make it up until nap time so they put him down early. The second day he only napped for 45 minutes. The third day he finally took a two hour nap.

Brandon is in the pre-k room at Ivy Hedge. He is there until 12:15 and then the bus comes to take him to the public school where he went last year. He is in the 4 year old class this year. He has a new teacher named Ms. Lori. I haven't met her yet but Stu met her when he took Brandon to his orientation (unfortunately it was on my second day of work so I couldn't go).

Brandon has been having a hard time in the morning when I bring him to Ivy Hedge because he goes to the before care room which he doesn't like. Hopefully he will adjust soon. Wesley also goes to before care so Brandon and Wesley are together from when I drop them off around 7:30-7:45 until 9 when they go to their own rooms.


No comments: