Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I haven't been on here to post or put pictures since hurricane Sandy hit. Last Monday into Tuesday Hurricane Sandy hit the New Jersey coast. It was really bad. Towns that I drive through to work, towns that I grew up going to the boardwalk at, my in laws beach club, restaurants I have gone to eat at are all gone. Completely. It so hard to believe. We were without power at our house from Monday at 5:30 pm until Saturday morning at 4:00 am. We stayed at our house without power for two nights and then my in laws power came back so we stayed there for two nights since it was just too cold to continue to stay at our house. Stu went to his uncle's house about 2 hours away on Thursday to get a generator and our friend who is an electrician came to put the outlet and wiring for it in our house on Friday morning. Friday night we were able to sleep in our house again since we had heat finally from the generator. My parents stayed at our house on Friday and Saturday since they did not have power still at their house. Their power finally came back on last night. I am out of work until November 12th (2 full weeks) since Rumson was hit so hard. Some of my kids lost their entire first floor of their house. Brandon and Wesley finally went back to school yesterday since their daycare finally had power. The public school that Brandon goes to still doesn't have power. Yesterday I went to Rumson and helped at a distribution station. It was so sad seeing the families come in to get clothes, food, diapers, etc since their whole house is completely gone.

Here are some pictures of the boys that I took during the hurricane and the days following it. They really play together now which is so nice. The last picture is with my friend Nancy's kids, Justin and Colin. Nancy brought them over so she could do laundry at our house since she did not have power.





1 comment:

Allie said...

Yikes! Hurricane Sandy was rough! My house lost power Monday morning and my dad was away on business and that night the hurricane got bad enough that my mom and sisters and our dog and I had to go down to the basement! I also couldn't sleep in own room because my mom thought that was dangerous and she made me sleep on a mattress on the floor in the play room. Tuesday I was a mess, screaming and crying because I was so scared and I desperately wanted the power to come back on. We finally got our power back on Halloween but we had no cable or Internet for days and some of our family members and family friends still had no power so they had to come over and shower every day. My dog was petrified during the hurricane--he's very smart and timid and knows when something's going on. I just hope you and your family were safe during the hurricane.