Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Puppy and Doggy

Doggy has been Wesley's lovey since he was a baby and continues to be. He needs to sleep with doggy and carries him around with him in the day. He recently started telling me that doggy is his best friend.

Wesley started using puppy sometime in the summer and quickly attached to puppy too. Puppy is a wubanub and came with one of Wesley's pacifiers sewed into his mouth. Once Wesley attached to puppy I stopped giving him any of his other pacifiers in the hopes that it would make it easier to stop using them when the time came. I really thought it would be hard once it was time to get rid of the pacifier since puppy is attached to it and figured when the time came I would just cut it out of his mouth. A few weeks ago I noticed that the pacifier had a slit in it from Wesley using it so much when he was sleeping. He noticed it too and I realized he was not using it as much since it probably didn't feel as good. On Sunday night Wesley started off bedtime with his puppy in his mouth. He then handed me it and said, "Here you go. Me don't want to use puppy" and hasn't used it since. I can't believe he weaned himself from his pacifier on his own. It was much easier than I thought it would.

This picture is from one of the last times Wesley used puppy.

No comments: