Tuesday, February 28, 2017

First Time Skiing

Brandon and Wesley were off of school the Friday before President's Day. Stu and I took personal days from work and brought them skiing for the first time. We went to Camp Gaw in Mahwah which is a very beginner place. Brandon and Wesley had a semi private lesson. Unfortunately they wound up with an instructor who did not have much patience so Wesley wound up in tears halfway through and when the lesson was done both kids said they were never skiing again. After a snack in the lodge I convinced them to try again and they wound up liking it. I skied with Wesley in between my legs. His friend, Issy, from school was also there with her mom so her mom also took him a few times while I took Issy. Brandon set his mind to making it down the bunny hill and by the end of the day he was doing it himself without falling.

No comments: