Friday, September 22, 2017

My Miracle

I will never forget what a miracle this child is. He was born at 26 weeks after I delivered his twin sister at 20 1/2 weeks. I see firsthand from a preemie message board that I am a part of how much children being born at that gestation vary in disabilities. Yet except for still needing speech and being on the shorter side for his age, Brandon is thriving. He is playing soccer and improving so much. He is doing great in school. He doesn't let anything hold him back.

We were not able to go to the NICU walk again this year because of Brandon's soccer game. I did take his picture after his game, holding his picture from the day he was born. One of the NICU nurses we had posted that they were looking for pictures of NICU graduates holding their picture from when they were born for a special project the NICU is doing. I wish I had known on the day he was born how wonderful he would turn out. I worried for months about if he would even survive and here he is not only having survived but doing great. I hope other families who are going through what we went through 9 years ago can look at him and see that there is a good chance their premature baby will be okay.

No comments: