Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Day at Home





Today is my last day at home with Brandon before I go back to work. I have been home for 16 months due to bedrest, Brandon's NICU time, and staying home with Brandon since he came home from the hospital at the end of September last year. It has gone by so fast. I am sad to be returning to work but not upset that I need to go back. I am sad that I will not be spending the time with Brandon but I like my job teaching a lot. I never planned on staying home with Brandon for as long as I did and then he was so early and had so many doctor appointments his first 5-6 months home that I really had to. I am so happy that I was able to stay at home with him as long as I did and see him develop into the toddler that he is turning into. I am sad that I will probably miss some of his milestones but he will be in good hands when I am gone.

This morning I brought Brandon for his one year bloodwork. I had brought him in the beginning of June for it the first time and they put the needle in at the lab and couldn't get any blood out so they told me to come back in a month. I waited until now because I was so upset that they had put the needle in knowing they couldn't find a good vein the first time. This time they were able to find a vein and get blood out. Brandon cried the whole time.

Maureen and Danny. who just turned 1 a few weeks ago, came over this afternoon for a little while. Brandon and Danny had a good time playing together. Danny kept giving Brandon hugs and kisses...so cute.

No comments: