Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wesley's First Day of School, Project Extend, and Kindergarten Orientation

Wesley's first day of school in the beginner classroom was today. He had to be pried off of me and was crying hysterically when I left. When I picked him up at the end of the day they told me he cried all day and then took a nap at 11:15 because he was so tired from crying. He napped until a little before I picked him up at 3:45. When I asked him why he was crying he said, "Mommy". Hopefully it won't take him too long to get over me not being with him all day.

Brandon went to project extend today. He will be going to before and after care once he starts kindergarten next week. Project extend runs before and after care. On days that the school is closed for holidays you can pay $30 and send your child for the day. It isn't at the schools but is at a gym in our town. Brandon had a really good time. He said they played games, watched Tom and Jerry, and played on the playground.

Yesterday was his kindergarten orientation. He was so excited to go. He woke up in the morning and told me he couldn't wait to meet his new teacher and new friends. He actually has one of his best friends from pre-k in his class and several other good friends from pre-k. I think he is going to have a great year. His first day of school is on Monday.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Sorry to hear Wesley had a rough first day of school. I hope he has a much better week at school next week.