Sunday, May 18, 2014

6 Years

6 years ago today I went through one of the hardest things I will probably ever go through. My sac ruptured on Brandon's twin sister. I was only a little over 19 weeks pregnant. The doctors didn't know if I would lose both babies or one baby. 8 days after my sac ruptured I delivered Brandon's twin sister at 20 1/2 weeks and miraculously stayed pregnant with Brandon for almost 6 more weeks until he was born early at 26 weeks. I still think about Brandon's twin often. I wonder what his relationship would have been like with her. I wonder what she would look like. I wonder if they would have had a twin bond that so many twins have. Losing your child before he/she is born is something I hope most people never have to go through. I can't believe it has been 6 years already. I still remember everything that happened that day and the 8 days in between then and losing her like it was yesterday. At other times it seems like it was so long ago. We didn't talk to Brandon about her today. We will wait until the day she was born to talk to him about her and look at the pictures of her that we have like we do every year on her birthday. I know one of these days, if not this year, he will have a lot of questions about her. And I will do my best to answer them. I love you baby girl.

No comments: