Monday, January 4, 2010

Daddy's Birthday and RSV Shot

Stu's birthday was on Saturday. We celebrated with a trip to Costco to buy filet for dinner and a trip to Target. I cooked Stu dinner and his parents came over for dinner.

Brandon had a pulminologist appointment today to get his RSV shot. My mom took him since I had to work. We aren't allowed to take off a day before or after a holiday so I wasn't able to take off to bring him and today is the day they scheduled it for. Brandon weighed 20 pounds, 10.6 ounces which is the heaviest he has been so far. He had gone down to 20 pounds, 3 ounces a few weeks ago when he was sick so I am happy he finally put back on the weight that he lost plus a few extra ounces. Dr. Sembrano said Brandon is doing great. His oxygen saturation is great and his lungs sound clear. He wants me to continue to give him the pulmicort for another week and then I can stop it. But if Brandon starts to cough again then I have to start it two times a day and put him on the xopenex again and then once he is off the xopenex go back to one time a day. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have to go back on it after the next week. Brandon does have fluid in both ears. No ear infection yet but this is the pattern he seems to follow so I have a feeling the ear infection will be back in another week. We will see.

Brandon is in love with Elmo. He says Elmo all the time. He wants to watch Elmo on Elmo's World all the time and carry around his stuffed Elmo.

Brandon has been having some rough nights. His top two molars cut through so I don't know if it is teething related, pulmicort related, or just his age. He wakes up about a half hour after he goes to sleep crying and then wakes up every few hours throughout the night. It makes for one tired mom. He has been taking 3-3 1/2 hour naps because he is so tired.

No comments: