Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gymboree






I brought Brandon to Gymboree this morning to try a class to see how he liked it before I signed him up for the summer. We got there about 15 minutes before class started. Open gym time was going on so they said we could join that. Brandon LOVED running around, climbing on everything, and playing with the balls during open gym time. Then the class started. The class that we were at is for toddlers aged 22 months-28 months. Brandon will be 2 in a few days but really should only be 21 months so he is on the younger side. There were children there of all ages. Some as young as 22 months and some as old as 28 months. Brandon wanted to continue to just run and play on what he wanted during the class. It seemed that most of the children except for the ones on the older side wanted to just run and do what they wanted. There was a substitute teaching the class today so I don't know if things are usually done a little different. So even though he enjoyed playing there I don't think I will be spending the money for him to just run around. There is another place near us that opened a few months ago that has open play time where I can bring Brandon if I want since he did enjoy that part.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I agree!

It is fun, but we have a local gym that provides the same equipment and has a pay-as-you-go program so I can take the kids when I want and there are no monthly fees or enrollment fees.

Gymboree is pretty steep in pricing ($89 a month here in MA!) and it was only for one kid and one 45 min class a week (plus the open gyms).