Monday, August 30, 2010

Monmouth Race Park

Yesterday morning Stu and I ran in a 2 mile run called Kortney's Challenge. It was a race to raise money for pediatric cancer for a 9 year old that passed away in 2005. It was my first race and I was happy to complete it. My time for 2 miles was 25 minutes and 50 seconds. I was happy with that for my first ever race. Brandon was at the race watching with my parents.

Watching the race with Grandpa

Brandon, Mommy, and Daddy before the race

Brandon and Mommy before the race

Brandon wearing his Kortney's Challenge shirt

After the race we went to a benefit that the NICU was having at the racetrack. Brandon's friends, Brandon, Ava, Hannah, and Avery, were also at the benefit so he had a good time seeing them. A few of the nurses from the NICU were also there and same with two of the neonatologists. It is always nice for them to see how well Brandon is doing now.

the preemies and moms

the preemies- Avery, Hannah, Brandon, Ava, Brandon

Brandon and Ava

watching the horse race with Daddy

eating corn for the first time

waiting for the horses to come out

No comments: