Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sick Boy, Preschool, and Full Term

Yesterday afternoon Brandon was sitting on the couch and watching tv. I looked over at him and his eyes were half closed even though he had only been up from his 2 1/2 hour nap for a little over an hour. I went over to him and felt his head and he felt warm so I took his temperature and it was 101.8 degrees. He had a rough night last night sleeping and felt really warm this morning but wouldn't let me take his temperature. He also had no appetitite. So I called the pediatrician and brought him in this morning. The doctor looked at his throat and said it is really red with blisters. She did a strept culture which came back negative so she said he probably has coxsackie. He has been pretty miserable today.

A little over a week ago Brandon was evaluated by the public school to see if he qualifies for free preschool because of his speech. He has been receiving early intervention for speech but when children turn 3 they age out. Brandon talks a ton and strings words together really well for sentences but articulation is hard for him. He did qualify for the public school based on his articulation. So starting in September he will go to school for 2 1/2 hours everyday for free.

I was full term yesterday since I am 37 weeks. I had an appointment earlier in the week and the doctor that I saw thinks I won't make it to my scheduled c section since the baby is measuring so big. If I do make it he thinks the baby will be between 9 and 10 pounds!

No comments: