Monday, December 9, 2013

Sick Kids

The kids have been sick on and off for the past month. Brandon had strep throat twice. The first time he was put on amoxicillin. He finished it and 24 hours later was sick again. I brought him back to the doctor and he had strep throat again. He was then put on augmentin and it finally went away. I picked Brandon up from after care on Thursday and the first thing he told me was his throat hurt. When we got home I saw that he had a fever. Our pediatrician had closed for the day and I was sure it was strept again so I brought him to a walk in place near here. The rapid strep test came back negative for strep. It was confirmed yesterday when they called to give me the results of the throat culture they sent out. So it appears to be a virus this time. He has mostly had a sore throat and fever which has gotten as high as almost 104 a few times. He has been acting a lot better since yesterday but when I checked his fever this morning I am still getting 100.3. I am not sure if it will go up later today or stay there/ go away. I am hoping it goes away since this is day 5 of a fever.

Wesley is currently healthy but a few weeks ago was complaining that his ear hurt. I brought him to the doctor and he had a minor ear infection. He also had been coughing and when the doctor listened to him he told me he was wheezing so he needed to use the nebulizer for 7 days. On Thanksgiving morning he woke up with a stomach virus which he was thankfully better the next day. Keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't get whatever Brandon has going on right now.

No comments: