Friday, October 3, 2008

Visiting Nurse





We had a visiting nurse come out to the house today to look at Brandon. I originally debated not having her come since he has so many doctors appointments and is being monitored well from all of them but I decided to give it a try to see how it was. Stu's insurance company, Aetna, had called the other day to inform us that we were being approved for two home visits. Before that I had no idea that it was even a possibility. She wound up being very useful. She had some good suggestions for elevating his bassinet which I had been trying to do but had not been too successful with. It has to be elevated because of his relux. She measured Brandon's head, listened to his heart and lungs (they both sound good and she could hear his heart murmur), and weighed him. He now weighs 6 pounds, 2 1/2 ounces. I can't believe how big he is getting since he came home! This Saturday will be a week since he came home and he has gained almost a pound. The visiting nurse will be back next Friday.

Brandon was awake all night last night. He seems to have mixed up his days and nights because of course he has been sleeping all day today. I am exhausted. Hopefully he will sleep a little better tonight.

Stu and I took Brandon on a walk to the firehouse the other day and then I took him on a walk in the park with my friend Sommer and her baby.

No comments: