Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanukkah, Santa Visit, and Another Ear Infection








We had a busy weekend. On Friday night I went out to dinner with some preemie moms. All of their babies were in the same NICU as Brandon was but they were there after Brandon was discharged. I met one of them last December at the NICU when we brought Brandon for a visit and she is also part of the preemie message board that I am a part of. I met a preemie mom that she knew at the NICU walk this year and that preemie mom set up our first preemie mom night out last month. We met again this month for dinner and will continue to get together a lot during RSV season. They are a really nice group of moms and we all get along really well.

Yesterday we went to my parents house for Hanukkah. Brandon enjoyed seeing Uncle Brian and Aunt Laura there and walking around my parents house exploring everything. He also had fun climbing up and down their stairs. Brian and Laura had their dog with them and Brandon went right up to him to give him a kiss.

This morning Santa came to our house to visit with Stu's fire department. Brandon got a Wonder Pets DVD from Santa and a stuffed Ming Ming. Our friends Sommer and Bob and their daughter Sydney, and our friends Dina and Andy and their kids Tommy and Abby, all came over to see Santa. We had a good time hanging out with everyone.

I brought Brandon back to the pediatrician at 11:45 today. His cough seemed to be getting worse instead of better even though he has been on the nebulizer for more than a week. I am glad I brought him back because he has another ear infection. It is his third in less than 2 months. He is on another antibiotic. The doctor said his cough and runny nose are from post nasal drip due to the ear infection. She said his ear was really gross looking and bulging.

1 comment:

The Turner Family said...

Ugh...so sorry about another ear infection!! I hope Brandon feels better soon!!