Friday, April 30, 2010

Sick Week in the Newman House






On Sunday I woke up and had a slight sore throat. I assumed it was just my allergies although I don't usually have seasonal allergies. My throat didn't get better but started getting worse all week. I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday after school and it turns out I have strept throat.

I thought Brandon had pink eye on Monday. He woke up and his eyes were gunky. I wiped them off and left for work. Stu was off on Monday so Brandon was staying home with him anyway. When I got home from work they were still gunky so I called the pediatrician and they called in a prescription for eye drops. On Wednesday night Brandon went to sleep as usual and then woke up crying a little an hour later. I went in to rub his back and he was lying down letting me do that for about 5 minutes. He then stood up and started to cry hysterically. I picked him up and he was inconsolable. He didn't even want his pacifier. He finally stopped and went back to sleep only to start crying hysterically again two hours later and was inconsolable again. So not like him. He finally slept from 1:20-7:00 with some coughing throughout the night. My mom came to stay with him yesterday since he didn't feel well and his cough got pretty bad along with a runny nose. I brought him to the pediatrician after work yesterday and he has an upper respiratory infection. He isn't wheezing but is retracting while breathing so the pediatrician wanted me to put him on the nebulizer until he is better. He is on xopenex and pulmicort again. He woke up this morning with a fever of 100 and then after his nap he had a fever of 102.1. He has been a little more playful on and off today than he was yesterday but has also been pretty miserable on and off. The tylenol seems to knock his fever down each time he takes it. He hasn't had much of an appetite except for snack type foods which I have been giving him because I figure it is better than not eating at all.

Stu also didn't feel well this week so he went to the doctor yesterday and found out he has a sinus infection.

Hopefully we are all on the mend and will be feeling better soon.

My mom bought Brandon a Broby (from Yo Gabba Gabba) backpack that she gave him yesterday. He has enjoyed snuggling with it today. We also set up his play tent that goes with his tunnel last weekend and he loves going in it and playing.

No comments: