Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back to the Pediatrician

I brought Brandon back to the pediatrician this morning because his chest seemed to still be retracting and also he seemed to be wheezing. I am glad I brought him back because Dr. Kerensky definitely heard ratting in his lungs. He doesn't know if Brandon has asthma that was triggered by a cold or if he has pneumonia. He isn't sending him for chest x rays because he said he would treat it the same way no matter what it is. He wants me to be more aggressive with the nebulizer and do xopenex and pulmicort 3 times a day. He also put him on an oral steroid and on the z pack for an antibiotic. He said Brandon's throat is red and he thinks that Brandon and I have the same thing. He isn't sure that I did have strept throat because my doctor never did a strept culture. He just told me it was strept from looking at it. If I don't see any improvement in the next 48 hours I need to call the pediatrician.

No comments: