Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Almost All Transitioned to Whole Milk


I have been working on transitioning Brandon to whole milk since his well visit last Monday. At first I tried to gradually mix some milk into his formula but Brandon didn't seem to like that. He was drinking his bottles but it was a fight to get him to drink them some of the times. I then decided I was going to start by having him drink one bottle of whole milk and the rest formula bottles for a few days. Once he was ok with that I would switch to two bottles, then three, and then four (that is the number of bottles that he gets in a day). I realized that he doesn't like cold milk. I need to warm it up like I was warming up his formula. But he is at least enjoying the taste of it now. He is up to three bottles of milk a day and one bottle of formula. On Thursday I will start to give him all bottles of milk and then we will be done with formula. My baby is definitely growing up.

I have also been transitioning him slowly to table foods. He is doing well so far with table foods but doesn't eat enough to be considered a meal so I am still giving him baby food along with the table food. He has tried hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, blueberries, and pizza and likes it all. He has gotten really good at feeding himself when I put the food on his tray.

1 comment:

Heather and Travis said...

Oh my goodness! What a big boy!

How much table food do you give him? And how small do you cut it up? I need some help in this area.