Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Ear Infection and Nebulizer Treatments


Brandon has his second ear infection and is also on the nebulizer again for a cough. 1 1/2 weeks ago he started waking up at night hysterical. This is not at all like him. He has been sleeping through the night since August. I thought he was having night terrors because he would wake up suddenly and start crying a cry that I had never heard and jumping up and down in his crib holding onto the rail. A week after that started, this past Sunday, Brandon got a runny nose. Monday it continued to be runny. Monday night Brandon kept waking up crying hysterically. I only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep all night because all he wanted was to be held. I had to go to work on Tuesday morning since I didn't set up my classroom. I took a half sick day in the afternoon so that I could bring Brandon to the pediatrician. It turns out he has an ear infection again in his left ear which is the same ear that was infected a few weeks ago. He is on augmentin this time which is a stronger medicine. He also needs nebulizer treatments again with xopenex since he started coughing and is wheezing some. Despite all of this Brandon continues to be happy for the most part and playful.

No comments: