Thursday, June 10, 2010

Toes, Ears, Nose




Brandon has a book called Toes, Ears, Nose which he loves to read. I think it is because of this book that he originally learned his body parts. I was reading it to him tonight before bed and as I read each page he was pointing to that part on his body. The next page I was about to read was the part that says. "Inside my mouth I have teeth". He opened his mouth and pointed to his teeth when I was on the page before just because he knew it was next. He did the same thing for the part that tells about his tongue since he knew it was coming up. He really is so smart!

Brandon has been trying SO hard to talk. He has been saying a lot of beginning sounds and consistently says "Ga Ga Ga" for Yo Gabba Gabba. Brandon has been getting speech through early intervention. They have a DI (developmental interventionist) who works with him. She said the other day that he has been trying so hard. She is going to suggest that he get another evaluation but just speech so that maybe a speech therapist can work with him instead. I think that would be great if that happens. She thinks maybe they would do some oral things with him.

No comments: