Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day







I had a really nice first Mother's Day today. This morning Stu, Brandon, my parents, Stu's mom, and I went to pick out flowers to plant and some hanging baskets of flowers and tomatoes. I put Brandon in the baby bjorn and he loved looking at all of the flowers. Early this afternoon we went to brunch at Branches. We were there last year when I was pregnant with Brandon and his sister and we loved it so much that last year we said we would be back this year with the babies. We followed through and brought Brandon. At first he sat in the high chair and seemed to like it but he quickly wanted out and wanted to be held so I ate with him on my lap and he was also passed to some of his grandparents and Stu. He was really well behaved. It was his first time in a restaurant at all so he didn't do too bad considering. He was also really tired even though I had made the reservations for after his nap. He didn't take as long of a nap as he usually does before brunch. He fell asleep in my arms towards the end of brunch. Thank you Stu and Brandon for making my first mother's day as a mom so enjoyable.

1 comment:

obfour said...

Dear Karen,
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! I've enjoyed watching Brandon reach all his milestones and marvel at how quickly he has grown. Brandon is an adorable "miracle" baby thanks to all the love and care you and Stu give him. Your love and strength are truly an inspiration to all mothers out there! Looking forward to meeting Brandon soon! Christine O'Brien