Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick

Brandon is sick again. His cough got worse on Saturday. He also woke up with a runny nose which continued to run all day. A few times his cough got to the point where he was coughing every 30 seconds for 10-15 minutes. I needed to use the nebulizer every 4 hours to the dot. He probably should have had it more often a few times but the pediatrician said to use it every 4 hours as needed so I was afraid to use it more often. Yesterday morning Brandon woke up crying at 4:30. I went into his room and heard a horrible gagging sound. I picked him up and he spit up mucus. I did a breathing treatment and then put him back down but he was up five minutes later. So I took him out of his crib and figured I would go watch tv with him. I decided to take his temperature first and it was 101.3. I gave him tylenol which knocked it down and called the pediatrician to bring him back in since he was worse. The pediatrician said it is just a cold and that I am doing the right thing with the nebulizer because his lungs sounded ok. His ears were retracted (whatever that means) but he said that is to be expected with a cold. So far he didn't have an ear infection but the pediatrician couldn't say that he won't get one. Today he still has a runny nose and cough which sounds a lot like bronchitis to me.

3 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

Poor Brandon and poor Mommy! Hoping he will feel better soon! I am so ready for the winter to pass!

Sara B said...

Sorry he is still sick! Don't be afraid to do nebs more often as needed. If you hear a wheeze, its ok to go up to every 2 hours (we do it when Marino is really sick). I hope he is better soon, poor guy! ((BIG HUGS))

The Turner Family said...

So sorry that he's sick again! And I echo what Sara says- our doc said if he needs it more than 4 hours. I hope he feels better soon!