Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stomach Virus

I got a call from Brandon's babysitter this morning at 10:30 telling me that Brandon was throwing up. He had thrown up 4 times in a row when she called. I had to have my school find a substitute for me and then I was able to leave to pick up Brandon. He threw up three more times when he was waiting for me to pick him up. I called the pediatrician on the way home and spoke to the lady who answers the phone. She told me to try to give Brandon pedialyte, gatorade, or flat soda and see if he could keep that down. Stu was home for lunch so he went out to buy some gatorade. Brandon threw up again when I got home when we were getting the gatorade ready. He then took one sip of the gatorade and pushed the cup away. It didn't surprise me because he won't drink juice. He doesn't like the sweetness of it. I gave him some water and he drank about 2 ounces before he wanted to go take a nap (it was already almost 2 hours past his nap time and he was up early this morning at 5:45). He napped for an hour then woke up crying. He was asleep on me on the recliner chair by the time I sat down in it. He slept for about 15 minutes on me and then woke up and threw up again and didn't want more than a sip of water. He just wanted to go back down for a nap. He is currently napping and I have an appointment at the pediatrician at 4:00. At this age they are concerned with dehydration and he has already thrown up 8 times in 5 hours.

1 comment:

Heather and Travis said...

Poor little boy! Thinking of all of you and hoping he's feeling better soon!