Thursday, September 18, 2008

Great Day


Brandon had a really good day today. I was at the hospital from 12-4 and Stu and I were at the hospital tonight from 7:45-10:15. Brandon did not have any desats the entire time we were there. His liter flow is still at 1 liter and he is doing great at that. He had two bottles today since he did so well yesterday with one bottle and he drank both bottles within 15 minutes. He is up to 42 cc's which is almost 1 1/2 ounces. Dr. Alemany came over to talk to me when I got to the hospital this afternoon and he said that they are going to keep increasing the amount of bottles he has each day as long as he continues to do well and that every few days they will come down on his liter flow and that he should be out of here soon. Tonight the case manager told Stu and me that she had talked to Dr. Alemany and he was thinking roughly 2 weeks until Brandon comes home. It is amazing how much better he is doing now that he is back at Monmouth. I did hear when I got to the hospital tonight that I created a monster when I was at CHOP. Apparently Brandon was crying extremely loud with a mad cry all night long except for when he was being held. Then he would stop crying. I am going to leave him in his crib a little more tomorrow to try to break him of that. Brandon weighed 2305 grams tonight so he is a little more than 5 pounds, 1 ounce.

No comments: