Sunday, September 7, 2008

September 7, 2008 morning

Brandon weighed 2040 grams last night. He is one gram away from being 4 pounds 8 ounces. He got put into an isolette today. They had him on a warmer since he got here. Sometimes they needed to give him some heat, sometimes he was keeping up his temperature while he was dressed and wrapped in a blanket. Since he was up and down on keeping up his temperature they decided to put him in an isolette. He had been in one still at Monmouth and was almost ready to go into a crib but not quite so I am sure he is almost ready here too. This way he can work on other things he needs to do and not worry about maintaining his temperature. He is still dressed and wrapped on a blanket. He is just getting some heat in the isolette.

Brandon is now at 25 cc's of formula every 3 hours and will be at 30 cc's at 12:00 today. They will let his iv fluids run out and then take him off of those since he will not need them anymore. He has been tolerating his feeds well. His feeds had been stopped when he had the virus last weekend.

Something I keep forgetting to write on here is that when we first got here on Thursday and I was holding Brandon I asked for a boppy pillow. At Monmouth they had a bunch of boppy pillows for anyone to use. You just had to put a blanket on top of the boppy before you used it. I figured it would be the same thing here so I was very surprised when a brand new in package boppy came up for me. I didn't realize that by asking to use a boppy I was really buying myself a boppy. Or rather my insurance company was buying me a boppy.

We can't wait for the eye exam on Tuesday. We feel like we are just sitting here waiting to see what happens which is a little frustrating. I will try to update again later. Our parents are all coming today to visit. If anyone else is up for making a trip to Philadelphia to visit please let us know.

No comments: