Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still Waiting

We are still waiting for Brandon to be transferred to CHOP. CHOP called the NICU this morning to tell them that they are waiting for a space for Brandon. He is not an emergency situation since he is only going for his eyes so when some babies are discharged and a space opens up they will call the NICU and then we will have more of an idea of when he is going. We found out that I can definitely ride in the ambulance with Brandon so I will do that and Stu will follow right behind.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Brandon started feeds again and is back on the nasal cannula. He was at 21% (room air) on the cannula for most of yesterday. I assume he is still at 21% now but I will find out when we go in later. They started his feeds but he is only getting 5 cc's. They have to build up slowly to what he was getting to make sure his stomach continues to be okay. He had 3 feedings by bottle and did well. For some reason they wrote an order for all of his feeds to be by bottle but we do not think that is right since he was only getting 2 bottles a day before he got sick. Maybe since he is on such a low amount that is why they wrote it for all feeds. The nurses have been giving him every other feed as a bottle which is fine by me. His nurse last night told me I might want to mention at CHOP that he only started bottle feeding so that once his feeds are up to where he had been before he can work on getting good at one bottle before he is expected to do all feeds by bottle.

I will post an update to what is going on when I get a chance.

No comments: