Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

Brandon weighed 2100 grams last night so he is not 4 pounds 10 ounces. I called a few times throughout the night and was told that he kept having desats into the 70s so they had bumped up his liter flow and his oxygen. He was doing well this morning when I got to the hospital and was back down on both his flow and oxygen. I kangarooed for awhile and towards the end of kangarooing he started to desat again and had to be bumped up on both his oxygen and liter flow again. Once he settled himself he was fine. I asked his nurse what times the desats have been happening because I am wondering if it is his reflux that is causing them. He did have his episode this morning towards the end of his feed. She said she would start to look into that as a possibility. About 45 minutes after his 12:00 feed he spit up and then started to desat. So the doctor is going to increase the amount of zantac that he is getting to see if that helps.

The developmental team came to look at Brandon this morning and decided that the occupational therapist would come to see him at 1:00. She showed me some positional things I can do with Brandon. It turns out she is a friend of someone that I work with. It is a small world.

No comments: