Saturday, August 16, 2008

6 Weeks Old

I kangarooed this afternoon for a few hours. I spoke to Dr. Hudom and she said that Brandon is still looking good. His biggest problem seems to be his reflux when he is eating. He desats, although not as low as he used to, because of the reflux. There was talk during rounds of possibly having him take zantac but it sometimes causes sepsis (infection) in babies and they do not want that to happen to him. She said they might try a little rice cereal in his milk to see if that helps with his reflux. In the meantime they are going to just turn his oxygen up a little during his feedings since they know he will desat otherwise. Dr. Hudom said that he has done really well the past two weeks and that I should see even more improvement during the next two weeks. I asked Dr. Hudom when she thought Brandon would be able to come home roughly and she said 4 weeks give or take a little. So that seems to be right on track with what they have been saying all along. Brandon had to be given a suppository while I was there since he has not pooped in 3 days. Hopefully that will help. I am going to call in a few hours to see if it helped.

No comments: