Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big Enough for Clothes



Brandon hit the 1500 mark tonight! He is actually 1505 grams which is a little over 3 pounds, 5 ounces. He is big enough now to wear clothes and be wrapped in a blanket in his isolette. His nurse tonight was the same as last night and she let me put one of his preemie shirts on him for us to hold him but then she took it off when she put him back in the isolette after I held him. I am sure either Kate or Sue will let us dress him in more of his clothes starting either tomorrow or Thursday when they are here. They have been telling me all along that he could wear clothes starting at 1500 grams. The preemie shirt that I put on him fit perfectly.

Brandon was at 21% again for last night and most of the day. He had to be turned up to 23% for two of his feedings but that was it. Dr. Rekedal was the doctor today. He came and talked to me and told me that Dr. Hudome had told him that she and I talked about trying him on nasal cannula. He said he was fine with that too and once Brandon hit 1500 grams he could be tried on it. So I am guessing in the next day or two they will try him on it. It seems like they will try him for short periods and see how he does like try him when we kangaroo. Brandon's feeds were increased to 28 cc's today/

No comments: