Saturday, August 30, 2008

Virus

They think Brandon has a virus. I got a call this morning at 7:50 from Dr. Rekedal. He said that Brandon had abdominal distention and he thought it was most likely a virus that is causing it. He said they were going to decompress his stomach by dropping a tube down his stomach to suction it, they were going to stop his feeds, and put him back on CPAP since his stomach was pushing into his diaphragm and making it difficult for him to breathe. Once he gets over whatever is going on he will be put back on the nasal cannula and will start feeds again although initially the feeds will be less than he was getting and he will work his way up. I went to the hospital an hour later and spent the whole day at the hospital. I have a hospitality room for the next 3 days incase I want to stay over. I might stay because this way if I wake up in the middle of the night I can go and see him to see if he is okay instead of calling to see. Hopefully it will work its way out of his system soon. I hate seeing him back on CPAP and undressed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i hope he starts feeling better, Karen.