Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eye Exam

Brandon had his first eye exam today by the eye doctor. Chris was his nurse today and she told me that the eye doctor said she was surprised that Brandon is a 26 weeker. She said that his eyes look more like a 28 weeker. I talked to Dr. Rekedal after and he told me that he has premature eyes which he should because he was premature. His eyes look good and he has no problems with them other than them being premature. That is a good thing because sometimes babies need laser surgery to correct problems but Brandon won't need that. Brandon weighed 1536 grams tonight so he is 3 pounds, 6 ounces. He is not wearing clothes yet except for when we hold him but Kate was his nurse tonight and she told me the reason he was not being dressed and wrapped all of the time yet is because he is going to be trying the nasal cannula soon and if he is dressed and wrapped they will not be able to see if his chest is rising and falling. Before I left Kate said that he may be dressed and wrapped starting tomorrow night. Brandon was having 28 cc's of milk again today every 3 hours. Kate also told me when I was doing Brandon's cares tonight that the last time she was in she gave Brandon a hug in the middle of the night because he looked like he needed one. She is so good to him.

No comments: