Friday, August 8, 2008

First Bath






Brandon had his first bath last night and really enjoyed it. He didn't cry and seemed very relaxed. Sue showed me how to do the bath and I did it. Before giving him his bath she told me that he might not be able to kangaroo after the bath because it might be too much on him. After his bath he was doing fine so she said I could kangaroo if I wanted. She thought my temperature would get his temperature up quicker than the isolette would. I kangarooed for almost 2 hours and he did great. He was very relaxed after his bath and just slept the whole time.

Brandon had his second head ultrasound yesterday afternoon. I will find out the results today. Sue looked in the computer last night to see if the results were in yet but they were not. She said that the lab is quick to call the NICU if there is a problem and they had not called so she said she is sure everything is fine.

Brandon is now 1127 grams which is almost 2 pounds, 8 ounces. I can really see how big he is getting now when I go to see him.

No comments: