Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 5, 2008 evening


I had a really great visit with Brandon again last night. Sue was his nurse last night. Stu came for a little while after he finished setting up for the Italian Festival that his fire department has this week. I kangarooed with Brandon for a little over 2 hours and he had no desats. Even when he ate. He did have some reflux we think but no desats. Sue said he is still too young for reflux medicine but if it continues he may be put on something when he is a little older. When I talked to Sue this morning she said Brandon had no desats over night too.

Brandon gained 20 grams last night. He now weighs 1070 grams which is almost 2 pounds 6 ounces. He needs to gain 7 grams until he is exactly 2 pounds 6 ounces.

We switched Brandon back to half formula, half milk last night. He had been on that for a few days at the beginning of last week but then started getting all milk again because I had some that was expiring. I had a lot of frozen bottles in my freezer as well from when I started pumping so I figured we should finish those too. I am down to 10 in my freezer at the most and they each only have about 1/2 ounce so I figured we might as well switch back to half formula, half milk because he will probably be on all formula soon.

There is a good chance that Brandon is going to be moved tonight to a new isolette. He has been in a high end isolette that they use for early preemies like Brandon was. It helps regulate his temperature better than the lower end isolettes and the top moves up with the touch of a button if they need to get to Brandon quickly. Now that he has had few desats they do not need to get to him quickly and he can regulate his temperature better now that he is bigger. He will be fine in one of the other isolettes and this way they have his ready for when they get some early born preemies like Brandon was which they will probably when he is still in the hospital.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like he is getting stronger everyday. I love the video of him with the pacifier!