Friday, July 25, 2008

29 weeks corrected


If I was still pregnant with Brandon I would have been 29 weeks pregnant today. When I mentioned that to Mark, Brandon's nurse today, he said it is called 29 weeks corrected. Dr. Alemany called when I was on the way to the hospital today to tell me that everything was fine with Brandon. He told me that he is up to 13 cc's and mentioned that they would be adding something to his milk at the 6:00 feeding. When I asked Mark what they were adding when I got to the hospital he said they are adding sodium. Dr. Alemany also said Brandon is done with the iv today. He also said they changed the settings on the ventilator slightly so that Brandon won't have as many desats. In another week or so he said he will start to make it so Brandon is breathing more on his own on the vent and then try him off to see how he does. He said he may be fine or he may need a few more weeks on. I was able to kangaroo with Brandon for 1 1/2 hours and then he had a desat like last night so he was put back in his isolette and then he was fine.

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly said...

Karen,

You and Stu are an inspiration. Brandon is a miracle baby...keep going with the updates...I love to hear all about his progress.