Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good News from the Doctor


I called Sue this morning to see how Brandon was over night. She said he did not have any problems. He stayed pretty much the same. He still tolerated his feedings and was down to 23 oxygen.

I went to my doctor at 10:15 for my two week appointment. Dr. Rogers asked about Brandon and how he was doing and told us he got the pathology report back and that the two placentas had fused together. He said that if he had not done the c section when he did Brandon would have not made it. So it is a good thing he did the c section when he did it.

Dr. Alemany called when we got home from the doctor. He told us he had lowered the settings on the ventilator and that he thought Brandon would be on the ventilator for a shorter amount and that maybe next week he would take him off. He also said that he was increasing Brandon's feedings to 3cc's every 3 hours. He said that Brandon was responding very well to the feedings.

Stu took the day off of work to go to my doctor appointment with me so we went to the hospital this afternoon at 1:45. Our friend Stephanie came with us. Brandon was good the whole time we were there. The only time he had a desat is when he got his shot and when he was moved to his back from his stomach. He had to get a vitamin a shot which he did not like. He gets a vitamin a shot three times a week to help with his lung development. I changed Brandon's diaper and took his temperature when we were visiting.

1 comment:

StephBednarz said...

I just wanted to say thank you again for letting me meet baby Brandon! It was amazing! He is an absolutely GORGEOUS baby! I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole time! I am so glad that you got to kangaroo with him...I bet he just loved being with his Mommy!

Love you guys,
Steph