Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 15, 2008 morning/ afternoon



I called the hospital twice this morning. Once at 6:00 am and talked to Brandon's night nurse and once at 8:45 am and talked to Mark, Brandon's day nurse. Both told me he was fine until they did his care each time and then he had desats. Incase I forgot to mention what a desat was in an earlier message it is when Brandon's oxygen level drops. Anything higher than 82 for oxygen is good. When it drops below that it is a desat. Once the nurses finished doing what they needed to with Brandon his oxygen went back up to where it should be each time. I am off to call the hospital to see if Brandon is getting fed today.

I just got back from the hospital. I was there from 12:15-2:45. The time really goes by so fast. I am not sure how since I just sit there staring at Brandon. Brandon had a pretty good afternoon. The only times he had desats were when he was touched. Other than that his levels were good. Brandon finally got to eat! He had 1 cc of milk when I was there. I got to help by holding up the end of the tube while the milk went in. Brandon now has a feeding tube through his nose. I also finally saw Brandon's eyes. He opened them a few times for a second when I was there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karen & Stu - We just wanted you to know that Brandon is always in our thoughts and prayers!!! We love being able to read your blog and find out how he is doing. Keep being strong!!! And have faith that he will come out of this just fine!!! One day at a time.......

Lots of Love -
Rich, Debbie, Zack & Ben