Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008 Night




Stu and I went to the hospital at 4:30 when he got home from work. We thought that Stu might be able to do the things that I did yesterday but they seem to only let you do that at 8:00 at night. It is too much on the babies if they do it more often. When we got to the hospital I saw that Brandon had white gaze wrapped around his chin and head. I asked about it and was told that it is too keep his mouth more closed since Brandon loves to sleep with his mouth open. It sometimes makes it a little harder for him to breathe. We got great news. Brandon's heart murmur closed! The cardiologist did a scan today and saw that it had closed. So if he has a good night tonight they will try to give him breast milk tomorrow. He will get it through a tube and will be fed 1 cc every 3 hours. One teaspoon is 5 cc's so he gets 1/5 of that which is hardly anything. If he tolerates that then they might try 2 cc's the next day. The biggest thing right now is trying to get Brandon to gain weight. He lost some weight from birth like all babies do so now they want him to start putting on weight. They are going to increase how quick he gets the fluids that he has been getting. I was going to try to go back to the hospital tonight at 8:00 but I am exhausted after being home for my first day. It is important that I take care of myself too so that I don't get too run down and I can go and visit Brandon. I am going to call the hospital before I go to sleep and I will call in the morning and I will go visit him during the day and then when Stu gets home from work.

No comments: