Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008 afternoon

I went to the hospital this afternoon for 1 1/2 hours. Brandon had a desat when I first got there since he had to be suctioned but he was good the rest of the time. Chris was his nurse today. It was busy today so I am waiting until tonight to kangaroo. Dr. Alemany came to talk to me and again said he was upset that Brandon needed the vent because he is doing so great. He is going to stop the iv either tomorrow or Thursday and continue with the milk. Brandon is up to 9 cc's today. He said again that in a week or two he will try him off the vent. He will make it so Brandon is doing a lot more breathing on his own on the vent in about a week.

On my way out of the hospital I saw one of the nurses that I had after I had Brandon when I was on the mother/ baby floor. She was asking how Brandon is doing. I also saw one of the kids that I had in my class this year and her mom and sister. It was really nice seeing her.

1 comment:

NolanUmass said...

HI Stu Karen and Brandon,
Miss just told me what you guys have been going through and our thought and Prayers are with you all. Brandon is so precious, we wish you all the best.- Jenna, John, Ryan Evan and Avery