Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008 Afternoon




I was discharged from the hospital this morning. I got home around 10:30. Hershey was very happy to see me. I went to see Brandon this morning around 7:45. He was sleeping on his back and stretching his arms and legs. He has been mostly sleeping which is a good thing because it will help him to grow. I also realize if he was still in me he would be sleeping and stretching so what I see is what would be going on anyway.

I called his doctor around 11:45, after rounds this morning, to see how he was. She said he is still doing okay not under the bilirubin light and she is still not hearing the heart murmur. He will be seen by a cardiologist tomorrow to see if it really is gone although she said the cardiologist may see him today instead since she will be there for another baby. He will still need the third dose of the neoprophin but after he is done with that tomorrow he can eat if the murmur is gone. They will feed him 1 cc of breast milk through an eye dropper. Brandon's blood count is also the same today as yesterday so he does not need a transfusion yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so great Karen! I love the pictures. How are you feeling? I hope you are getting some rest.

Liz W. said...

Congratulations Karen. I have been reading everyday to keep updated. He is really a strong baby and is doing so well. Remember to take care of yourself too!
Liz Waters