Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10, 2008 Evening

Stu and I went to see Brandon when he got home from work. We were there from 4:30-5:45. Everything was good when we were there. He was moving around a bit more than usual which was nice to see. Mark, his nurse, said at one point in the afternoon he almost rolled his body over but forgot to bring his head so he really has to keep an eye on him. Mark took blood from him when we were there. Brandon did not like that one bit. He took it from his heel. Before he did that he put a small heating pad on Brandon's foot. That helps to bring down the blood. Mark taped it on and walked away and Brandon immediately kicked it off. He cried when Mark took the blood from him and then started crying for a few minutes a little afterwards. Mark said that Brandon responded well to the transfusion and to the antibiotic that he was given (he may have an infection from the earlier bleeding episode so they are treating it just incase). Stu has a meeting tonight so we won't be going back until tomorrow. His night nurse tonight is going to be Sue who has children in the district where I teach. When I was visiting earlier I asked when Sue was working next and they told me that night. One of the nurses heard me ask so she switched Sue to Brandon. I am really happy that she will be taking care of him tonight. I will call her later to see how he is doing since I can't get there. I am going to post some video that I took earlier

3 comments:

Estelle Glick said...

Dear Karen & Stu, Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Stu and Brandon Tyler. What a wonderful, strong name for a very brave little boy. We want you to know how much we care, hope and pray that Brandon continues to grow and make positive progress in his development and growth. Love you all, Estelle & Marty P.S have read every blog since his birth & viewed Brandon's video.

Susan said...

Greetings from Texas. Just wanted to let you know that we're sending good thoughts out to the universe for all of you--but especially Brandon. And we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Susan & Michael Shapiro (Murray's sister and brother-in-law)

wendy habeski said...

Jon, Benjamin and I are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. Brandon is such a strong baby! I can hardly believe he was born at 26 weeks. We look forward to hearing about more weight gains soon. It was great to hear such a strong cry on the video!
Wendy