Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not a Great Visit

I came to the hospital a little before 12:00 today. When I got to the hospital I talked to Dr. Hudom. She told me that Brandon had four apnea episodes in the morning. They did a chest x-ray and his lungs were a little hazy but not any more than they had been. She told me there was a good chance that he would be put back on the ventilator. His blood gas was good though. She said they had taken him off because he was at such low levels on the ventilator but that he is working too hard on CPAP. She also said that if he is put back on the ventilator they would keep him on longer this time to really work on nutrition. She also told me that he was not going to be fed today incase he needs to be put back on the ventilator. They will resume his feeding either later today or tomorrow depending on what happens. Mark, his nurse, also said they were not going to remove him from the isolette for kangaroo time today because they want to leave him alone as much as possible.

No comments: