Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008 afternoon

I went to the hospital at 12:00 today and stayed for almost 4 hours. I was able to kangaroo with Brandon for 1 1/2 hours and then he had a desat so they decided to put him back in his isolette since he had been out for awhile. After he was back in I decided to go pump. I came back and Brandon was doing fine and then all of a sudden he started to have another desat. Dr. Alemany came over and listened to his chest and thought that the tube was out. A respiratory therapist came over and a bunch of other people and I had to go wait in the Michael's Feat room. The Michael's Feat room is a room for parents to wait in when things are being done with the babies. There is a tv, computer, couches, and coffee machine. It turned out it was not the tube. It was just Brandon being Brandon. Mark had just suctioned him a little while before he had the desat and Brandon tends to desat after he is suctioned.

While I was kangarooing with Brandon Dr. Alemany came over to talk to me. He said he hates that Brandon needs to be on the ventilator because his lungs sound so great and he is looking so great. Also, he is on minimal settings. He said in another week or two they will try him off again. This way his lungs will have some time to develop so that hopefully the next time he comes off he will be okay.

No comments: