Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nasal IMV



I went to the hospital this afternoon around 12:30 and stayed until 2:30. When I got there I saw that Brandon was off the vent and on nasal IMV. Nasal IMV looks like CPAP but gives Brandon a little more support than CPAP does. It gives him puffs of air. The rate was set at 60 which means he is getting 60 puffs a minute and the amount of oxygen was anywhere from 26%-30%. Dr. Alemany came over to talk to me and said they are trying him on it but that if he is working too hard and gets too tired he will go back on the vent. He said he is hopeful that he will stay off this time. When I was there it started looking like Brandon was taking really deep breaths so his nurse, Kelsey, had Dr. Alemany come take a look at Brandon but he said everything seemed okay for now.

No comments: