Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008 afternoon

I was at the hospital for a little over 2 hours this afternoon. Brandon was okay most of the time. He only had one desat when I was there and it was after the nurse put his glasses back on (he needs to wear the glasses since he is under the bilirubin light again). Dr. Alemany came over to talk to me when I was there. He said that Brandon sounds great and looks great and that he had to try him off the vent a few days ago to at least give him a chance to try the CPAP. He said he will probably be back on for a week before they try him off again.

Brandon is back up to 5 cc's of milk every 3 hours today. He is tolerating it well still which is great. His nurse today, Lisa, told me that he weighed 970 grams this morning which is a little heavier than 2 pounds, 2 ounces. Dr. Alemany mentioned that in a few days they would start to cut back on the iv fluids that he is getting.

No comments: