Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008 morning




Stu and I had a good visit with Brandon last night. He didn't desat at all when we were there last night. He managed to untape one side of his diaper from kicking so much before we got to the hospital. I got to change his diaper, clean his eyes and mouth, and lift him to weigh him. He was 880 grams (1 pound 15 ounces) so he didn't lose any weight from the day before. We also got to put eucerin cream on Brandon. We put it on his legs, arms, stomach, and back. The cream helps with his dry skin. Stu lifted him when I changed his bedding. We bought our own receiving blankets for his isolette so his isolette is styling.

I called Sue before I went to sleep and she said that everything was still good. When I called her this morning she said that he had a really good night. No problems and his oxygen was at 26 which is still minimal. She also said he finally got one eye open. Hopefully he will have it open sometime today when I am there. I can't wait to see what he looks like with them open.

One thing that Sue said last night when we were talking to her is preemies are very susceptible in their first year of life to something called RSV. A common cold in a baby can turn into pneumonia in a preemie. So they suggest not going to the mall or school settings in the first year but especially from October- April. Sue suggested looking for someone to come into our house to babysit Brandon the first year after I go back to work. We are going to have to see if we can find someone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys,

I will repeat what everyone else has been saying. You two are very strong people and that has been passed down to Brandon. It sounds like you have great nurses watching over him all the time and care.

Brandy