Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13, 2008 morning

I know I have said it in earlier posts but I want to say it again. Thank you to all of you who have been emailing us, calling us, and posting comments. It really means so much to us.

I talked to Sue this morning. Overall Brandon had a good night. At about 4:00 this morning they put his levels down on the ventilator and then Sue was suctioning Brandon which he did not like so he had a few desats. They wound up having to put the rate back up to 40. I am going to ask later but I think the 40 means how much it breathes for him. I think he is doing a little breathing on his own. She said the oxygen level was down to 23...room air is 21 so he is not requiring a high level of oxygen. I am going to call Mark, his day nurse, around 11:30 to see how he is doing and to see if they are going to try to feed him today.

My aunt and uncle are coming to visit today so we are going to take them to see Brandon this afternoon sometime and then we will go back tonight for a little while so that we can do the night time routines with Brandon.

1 comment:

Shelli Glanz said...

Hi Karen and Stu,
I finally set up a Google account so that I can say hello once in awhile.
I've been following your family blog regularly. Thanks for keeping this online diary. I hope there's a way to save it to show Brandon some day.

You are both doing an amazing job! Stay positive--I'm sure Brandon will get stronger each day. Mazeltov and love, Shelli Glanz