Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008 morning

I love Brandon's nurse from last night, Sue. I didn't actually meet her but her children have gone through the school district where I teach so she knows of me. She will be working the next two nights so I will actually meet her tonight. I called last night a little after 9:00 to see how Brandon was doing and the first thing she did was congratulate me and tell me she has heard a lot about me. She also told me that Brandon is beautiful. She told me all of his vitals were good and she had just taken blood from him again. After a transfusion they have to take blood every couple of hours to see how he is doing. She hadn't weighed him yet. I told her that I would be calling sometime in the morning between 5:30 and 6:00 and she told me to call every hour if I wanted to. She also said that he was very active and had even opened his eyes a few times. I can't wait to see his eyes. Hopefully he will do that soon when I am there.

I called this morning around 5:15 to see how he was doing and she said he was good. He did wind up needing another transfusion but he reacted well to that. She also said they had found more green stuff in his belly so they did an x ray of his stomach and that everything looked good. She explained to me that the green stuff is normal in preemies born this early because they can't really pass their bowels yet. I asked her about his weight from last night and he lost a little but she said not to focus on his weight right now. It is normal for the fluctuations while he is only on liquids. Once they start giving him some milk he should start putting on some weight. Hopefully they will be able to start in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love to read your updates.
I pray for Brandon to get stronger every day.
I love you guys!
Amy